Monday, August 1, 2011

Shark week

It's shark week!!



I love animals, I grew up with pretty much a farm in my back yard, my dad loved animals so much that he kept buying us new pets all the time, everyone knew about how much we had animals that we were given their old pets that they could no longer want after the puppy effect wore off, in my life time I think I've had at over 50 pets..
I'm a lover of all animals, but I have a really soft side for sea animal, especially sharks..

After going to the shark exhibit and watching 'shark water' the documentary, we realise how beautiful these creatures are. The documentary was so sad and beautiful. I really hope people get a chance to watch it and see what I'm talking about..

SHARKWATER

But after watching it Dave and I have boycott eatting sharks.

I read somewhere once that humans are the one creatures that kill for reasons other than basic survival and that really got me thinking.. Not just about people that kill for sport, or kill for skin, fur or ivory.. But the people that over eat, killing more animals to feed obesity.. Or in this case.. Eating an animal because you are wealthy enough to..

Shark fin soup is such a popular dish in Asian culture, and I have had the chance to try it and It's actually nice.. But in actual fact sharks fin are tasteless.. what I was tasting was how good of a chicken broth the chef made.
But imagine.. There are only 4 fins on a shark, and that's the only part of the shark they take and throw the rest back into the sea.. And there are hundred and millions of places that serve shark fin soup..

I can't explain it as well as the documentary can but it's a sad fact that sharks are endangered at the moment.. And I hope that with this I can get more people to stop eating shark fin soup as well..
We can make a difference, even it's a small one..