Friday, May 18, 2012

The month of May

This whole month has been the celebration of Buddhas birthday and they had a very big celebration in the city last weekend.
 
I've never been a religious person but now that i have accepted the changes in my future, i really wanted to be a little more religious... I like the thought of someone or something looking over every one i love and seeing that they are all well and healthy :)
My friend once mentioned that she wouldn't mind it if her loved ones passed away, because they would go to heaven and be happy and healthy there.. At first i thought it was a little odd and selfish that she wouldn't want them here instead.. But now that i think about it they way she does, its such a lovely thought knowing they are going somewhere safe :)
I dont deal with grief well, because i can never let go of anything..

but i will pray as much as i can to know that they will be looked after.

:)


After the festival was Kevins late birthday celebrations.
He book a very expensive room at Mizuya!. It was my first real time there besides going in to use the rest room and buying green tea soft serves =D
The room we got was pretty small for the minimum spending limit he had that night, we were so jammed packed with alcohol, food and people that we didnt have any room to put everything!
I honestly cant say much about the price because kevin paid for everything.. although i think we were the only people that gave him money for it, well.. the only people that forced him to take our money.. his always too generous to us =)

Anyways! his spending limit was $1500.. pretty great for a place that serves seafood!!!! My cholesterol shot up pretty high that night.
The following pictures were all the food dave ordered just for me alone.. it was wayyy too much food!!
but by the time everyone had ordered more than enough to will themselves up, we still had about $500 or so to go..
So it was a pretty decent experience.. only because Kevs just a nice guy.. even on his own birthday
Dessert!!! the only thing i could eat was the red bean creme bulree!! it was so yummy!!
The guys drinking everything when we realised they only had one song left and 5 full jugs of Hennessy&green tea to finish.


My little cake requests!!!
I had to make miniature profiteroles the other day for one of my.. customers.. =D!
They wanted to sample the little profiteroles i could make, so i thought i'd make little cakes instead of just a couple of profiteroles in a container.. ew.
They are so cute =D!!!!! Though i sorta wished i had strawberries.. life would be much better with a little more colour..
The standard custard filled profiterole with chocolate topping
Custard filled Croquembouche
And a Mangoes and cream filled profiterole with white chocolate topping
My mum liked them so much shes bringing some to work to show them off ^__^!!

And my very own little fondant cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i did however.. leave it in the fridge without it being completely covered airtight.. so its sweating in the picture.. 
but we learn from the mistakes right =)


i hope nobody noticed i've just been rambling.. 
i just spend the past couple of hours photoshopping a photo for my relatives in Vietnam while she was watching me on webcam..
she then left.. and i just realised its almost 4am. 
so sorry for my ramblings :(