Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Another day, another dessert..

Anya came by to have some souffle, and this time i altered the recipe so it tasted more rich and chocolatey compared to the bittersweet one i made yesterday.
And it was amazing!
i couldn't finish the one i made last night, but the one today i can have seconds :)

Anyways, a few good things that's happening in my life.
- I'm getting another pay raise at my little part time job
- I've got 4 cake requests!! woo to my online bakery :) but i have to learn how to use fondant within a month.. it sorta scares me.. the last time i played with fondant was a total failer.. sorta.

I actually found the pictures!
this was in 2005 for year 10 food tech, so 7 years ago was the first and last time i handled fondant and marzipan.

Lol its the shape of Australia =D
Phuong rollin out the marzipan
Dont let the pictures fool you, i did all some of the work as well. 

that was such a horrible mess!

BUT! i have a positive mind, i will make an awesome 3 tier fondant cake... woo.... o_o..

anyways, lastly, we're going to the snows for holidays in june!! 
AND Thailand next year!!! All expenses paid!!! =D!!! ahhh.. i'm looking forward to that trip!

Going through my photo albums trying to find the cake photos i stumbled upon mini us!
 Ewwww.. little dave.. ew... his so gross.
and mini us!!! this was ajays birthday ages ago!!! i can not remember when tho.


A few things on my cooking wish list:
- A stand mixer
- a pallet knife
- more cake tins, one of mine broke :(
- a long non-stick rolling pin
- a turn table

everything is soo expensive... :(