Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hot Drinks at Home

I just want to show you my way of making hot drinks at home :)
I hate the way some of the instant hot chocolates or lattes instructions tell you to just add hot water and stir, it just tastes like water! lol..
 First you will need your desired instant drink powder.. I'm using chai i got from Tina cause i made myself hot chocolate last night, i just wanted something different :)
a pot and a whisk
 and a mug full of milk :) make sure you leave room for the foam too
 add them all together, turn the heat up to high
and mix fast till the milk has turned to its desired heat, i didn't time myself, but I'm guessing around 2 mins or less?. if u stop beating, turn the heat down, the constant movement of the whisk stops the milk from over bubbling or burning.
look how much its raised :) i didnt whisk it for too long so there isnt as much foam
not as great as cafe style drinks, but its a good idea to get all the lumps out of your drinks and insure that your drink is mixed well.
This one was the White hot chocolate i made the night before, i just sprinkled it with some chocolate powder :) Maybe i should use a clear glass mug next time so u can see the foam.

---

I went to see my friend Kaylie to pick up a lens she no longer wanted yesterday.
 here is my little lens collection!
 and samples of what the new lens can do :)
 turned out better than i thought actually, cause i had low expectations for this lens

The last picture is of the present i got from Nathan a week ago!! THANK YOU NATHAN!!
i woke up one day and saw a package in front of my bedroom door, and started thinking "wtf.. i didnt buy anything off ebay recently.." then saw the return address was from Queensland and freaked out!!
i ripped it open and saw the blue Swaroski box.. and freaked out even more!!! mostly cause the box was battered.. thats why i didnt take a picture of it.. then i opened that box thinking it was going to be shattered inside.. but it turned out to be 2 charms.. 2!!!
I love it! just what i wanted for Christmas :)

i was thinking that because i have so much free time i thought i should actually go out and take pictures with all my lenses, test them out and actually try new things with them, i have quite a lot of lenses that i don't even touch, what a waste! 
i also have so many other different types of cameras that i never use as well..  but i havent used them in so long i have no idea where everything is :( 
im currently trying to find my SLR.. i seriously have no idea where it is..
i just wish i had someone that can come out and take photos with me :)

My Daily Happenings
 Since my boss is out on holidays we were able to get all the staff members out for a nice of food and drinks at phuongs house, i had such a great time. i hate that we can never get to hang out all at once because if one of us are free the others are working. so it sucks.

---

 Our beautiful city :)

  We went to eat at Mamak with Kerrie and Kev, then visited Ryan at star city.
 Everything was so filling and delicious, i think i ate too much that i wanted to throw up lol..

---

 For Dave's mums birthday we went to Dragon bowl to eat. om nom nom.. yum.


And! i've been addicted to watching these videos lately.. 
its just so interesting..