Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year!

So its the great time of the year again! 
i love Chinese new year, it just brings me back to those old moments i use to have when i was younger, celebrating it with all my little friends :)
I never really do much for Chinese new year, but this year i ended up going to 4 temples :)
On Sunday, which was new years eve, Daves mum took us to a Thai temple where we sat listening to the monks chants, got our bracelets, some fruit from the monks and our fortune read.
We then went to 2 Vietnamese temples where we prayed, read our lunar fortunes and talked to the monk.
There was this tree with little red pockets tired to all the branches and if you donated a little money you were able to pull off the red pocket and see what your fortune read..

"Just a solid rock unshakable by the wind, wise ones are not moved by praise and blame"

 And on Monday, the new year, I went with Kerrie and her family to a Chinese temple to pray.
but i wore my red dress, i dont have a photo of it sides a webcam photo.

i also found this in my webcam picture that i didnt post up yet, its a lighter my brother for from Vietnam.
 
 I've started working 6 days now, my weekly paychecks look pretty nice at the moment.. lol but it just means i never ever get to see Dave :(
Chinese new year was such a busy day at work, we were running around like crazy and all our stock started to slowly run out..
but at least i got a coconut.. which is cool.

 Before work however i did get a chance to go to the city with kerrie on a little date.. lolgay.
 We ate at Ramen kan, they changed their menus! they now have a $3 menu =D!
 teriyaki&pepper fried tofu! $3!!!
 Ebi $3!!
 Prawn Gyoza $3!!! soo cheap!!!

 got a little something for me and dave.. 

but after that i've completely spent my $100 allowance for the week :( now im not able to spend my money on anything..

 but thats ok, i still have my camera!
 i was mucking around with the bokeh effect =D
Love heart bokeh!!!
 and bokeh background =D
those are both the same lights =D


 Happy New Year Everyone! 
i wish everyone good fortune and health!