Monday, December 17, 2012

those old days

this weekend has been such a big weekend for me in such a long time.
ever since i started working Saturdays at the cafe i've lost so much free time to be any where and see people properly..
i missed it!!!

But this week i told my sleeping patten to f off and did things i havent done in ages.

but i guess my week didnt just start from the weekend.

On Monday i was able to see my beautiful girl pal Hairly for some Thai food at Twelve spices, we were talking till the shop closed up for the night, and it still feels like we haven''t even finished our conversation.
After Hairly and i left, i went over to the Colliwood bar to see Williams band play, this time i was able to make it for half of the last song... lol


But after we left the bar, William, Denise and I went over to maccas and had our usual late night talks.

I had to cancel our morning sunrise photo shoot with Ajay and Janina on Tuesday morning because i was going to spend the day with Dave's family, also because the weather was horrible.

On Wednesday i was able to meet up with Anya and Loc for just a second before i had some lunch plans with Jenny and Steve! they had both just come back from their holiday and we were finally able to catch up and get some free frozen yogurt.
 i was finally able to use my colouring pencils that day too!!

on Thursday morning the weather was beautiful again and thought i would actually sacrifice some sleep for some photos.
 we went to curl curl beach, but we completely missed the sunrise :( 
but we got a couple of good photos. nothing im too happy with because they just look normal. but we shall try better next time.

On friday Beryl came over and we baked some ginger bread men! 
After work i went out with william and we had a pretty great night in the city.

when i got home, my dad was awake so i stayed up will 8am talking to him about our past.

I wanted to rush through the story of my week (explaining my absence from the internet world) so i could get to this.
it was such a big eye opener for me.. after having that conversation with my dad.

so Saturday morning i discovered so much about my past and my family that i can actually say that i am so lucky to be a live right now. 
It turns out that I, like a lot of other family friends i know, was born into a refugee camp in Hong Kong, so all this time, everytime i thought about Hong Kong being my birth place, i always pictured something amazing and beautiful.. but it was the complete opposite instead.
i also learned that i was a devil child. lol, not that i didnt already know that, i just now have some sort of proof that i was the nightmare of a kid i thought i was.
my dad told me that when i was only a couple of months old, when they were going for their interview to be sent over to America (yes, america!! i could've been American) that i was left with our family friend, and i was crying for hours and hours non stop, crying to the point that my white skin turned red all over, and if my parents didn't come back when they did they would've drugged me.

we then went though our old photos from all the places we use to live.
he told me about the time my mum gave birth to my brother..
my parents and i were staring the bed on an old mattress they found on the street, it was so old and broken that it con-caved in and we were pretty much just sleeping on top of each other.
and they both wont up and saw blood all over the bed, and my dad tried to call the ambulance but he didnt know how too, we were here alone and no one told him what to do after you have dailed "000".
The ambulance eventually came after hearing my cries in the background and took my mum away.
my dad was telling me that at that point when my mum was stuck in the hospital i was at home with my dad, and he thought i was possessed or something because i was acting weird and crazy.

my dad also told me about the war as well, when he would use to play soccer with his friends and the ball would roll off the hill into a ditch of dead bodies. or when he was having lunch or hanging out with his friends, people would get shot in front of him, or bombed and he would see death all over the place..
and how he still cant get over being scared about dead bodies.

i feel that i don't appreciate things as much as i should.. i mean, our family had nothing and nobody..
literally nobody here.. 

and now we have a house over our heads.. 

im really happy for every thing i have right now :)

After our long talk, i finally went to bed, had a nap and had to get up for another party in the evening.
Daves work Christmas party!
After the party we went over to Celinas house and played some card games.
 After that Loc and Anya came over and we played more card games with a hint of Bacardi 151..
shit got down!


Anyways, so thats most of my week, i still left out quite a lot tho..

but there is always next time.
for now, i should get some sleep.. another long week ahead of me..